Welcome to my blog!

I am a first time mom-to-be just trying to organize the wealth of information I’ve been reading about. This blog contains my notes, thoughts, and must-have products I’ve come across as I’ve been reading parenting books and magazines.

I hope that you and your baby can benefit from the parenting tips I’ve compiled. Throughout this blog, I will refer to baby as “he” rather than “he/she” since I am preparing for a little guy of my own. All comments and advice from other moms out there are welcome! Happy parenting!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Infant Hunger and Fullness Cues

Here is some information I found in a Gerber informational pamphlet:

Signs your baby is hungry:
  • Cries or acts fussy
  • Smiles and looks at you while you’re feeding him
  • Opens mouth and leans toward the spoon

Signs your baby is full:
  • Stops sucking or releases nipple
  • Slows down sucking or falls asleep
  • Turns head away from spoon
  • Spits out familiar food

No comments:

Post a Comment